Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vintage Shabby Chic Valentine Card

 
Time for a new challenge.... I tried something a little different doing the Vintage Shabby Chic.  Besides the tri-fold card with the removable heart, I made a little trinket or truffle box too!  Thinking perfect size for a couple of Lindt truffles!  Also got to use the new key DooHickey dies!!!

Check out Magnolia-licious Highlites for all the info on how you can join the challenge and there are also some beautiful examples from the other design team members.

With the markings already there, it is so easy to make a tri-fold card on the Scor-Buddy!  I added three different papers from the Mini Wedding Paper pack.  I edged some of the papers with the Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint.  Fun stuff!!!  The keys and some of the mats are the gold mirror card stock.  Very hard to photograph, sometimes it looks black!  The Tilda's were water colored with Distress Inks and the flowers and leaves were sponged with Antique Linen and Bundled Sage distress inks

Here are the Magnolia things that I used from Magnolia-licious:
MINI 282 TILDA SENDING LOVE LETTERS
MINI 240 TILDA WITH WRAPPED HEART
7 OLD SWEDISH LACE DOOHICKEY DIE
#15  POINSETTIA FLOWERS DOOHICKEY DIE
22 VINTAGE FLOWERS AND LEAVES DOOHICKEY DIES-Leaves
24 DREAM TAG DOOHICKEY DIE
#26 HEART SWIRL
34 WILD STRAWBERRY AND FLOWERS DOOHICKEY DIES- Flower
34 VINTAGE KEYS DOOHICKEY DIES
MINI WEDDING COLLECTION PAPER PACK 
On the inside, I made a pocket for the heart.  Also used some Spellbinders ovals, a stamp from the dollar bin at Michael's and some half pearls for the centers of the flowers.  The bows are seam tape and gold cording.
The little trinket box was revised from a pattern by Deb Felts.  Nice of her to share the pattern.
Be sure to check out Diana's Magnolia-licious for all your Magnolia needs and also many other terrific products too!  I am loving the No More Shims Mat for my stamp mat besides using it for embossing in the Cuttlebug.  And I use to get so frustrated with the old brown teflon mats curling up and moving around on me and the Stay Put Craft Mat does just that STAYS PUT!!!!  They are a nice large size and the edges don't curl up on you either!!!

Of course, I had used my trusty Scor-Buddy for making the easiest tri-fold card ever.  

Hope you will join us for our Vintage Shabby Chic February Challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlites.  It's not only fun to try something different, Diana is always so generous with prizes too!

Enjoy every day!
Patti Jo

35 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow pj this is gorgeous.
love the shape of the card and so much details.
beautiful made and gorgeous papers and colors.

greetings karin

Suzie's Card Den said...

I cannot get over how beautiful this is, totally amazing, you are so talented.
Hugs
Sue xx

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

WOW! I`s gorgeous! I love the heart in the pocket and vintage look :)

Janie Printz said...

This is purely delightful Miss Patti Jo... What a wonderful pair of creations you've done up this time. Love the little box & that tri- fold card is just amazing with the heart inside & that wonderful gold mirror paper that you used ... The keys look real !!!
Hugs, Janie

Artes de Nágela said...

Ablosutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning Patti Jo! I love those flowers, oh dear now I'm going to have to get another Doohickey!! Beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Sandy said...

Beautiful - true talent through and through. You make winners every time. I guess you must be a thoroughbred! Really Patti Jo, your card is gorgeous. I love the look and love the double keys. All I can do is just sit here and sigh real big!!!
Sighing Sandy

Anonymous said...

oh so lovely Patti Jo! Valentines Day is perfect for the shabby chic "look"! Beautiful work!

Cathy Lee said...

This is adorable Patti Jo. I love your Tilda images and all the beautiful details on your card and box. Awesom flowers and crackle effects.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

6 wacky women said...

WOW!!!
Absolutely gorgeous, Patti Jo.

Karen x

Kelly said...

I love the design of your card. the heart inside the card and the pocket that holds it is gorgeous!

Suzan L said...

Hi Patti Jo, What a gorgeous card and box!! I love the design of your card and the flowers are just beautiful!! It was so nice meeting you at CHA!! Thank you again for the wonderful flower class!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Jean said...

Oh WOW!! Patti Jo, this is just too beautiful.. Love your heart and the colors, flowers, key and quote,then there is the box to hold it and that is really amazing.
I simply adore this little Tilda with her little heart and all your accessories.. you have done a job that will win anyones heart over. A great card.
Hugs, Jean

Paula said...

Gorgeous project! I love the card design, very creative! Gorgeous!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is the most awesome Criss Cross card I've seen yet!!! Oh My, every details is just stunning from the soft tone paper you've used to the flowers to the key to the just everything! Beautiful work top to bottom...hugs...Barb <><

Pam said...

Truly amazing....gorgeous !!!!
Hugs..Pam:)

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! You've really put so much work into this and it shows. Gorgeous work as always! Have a good day, hugs, Angela

Sylvia said...

Wow, both are gorgeous Patti Jo. Everthing is just beautiful. I love it.
xxxsylvia

Candy said...

WOW Patti Jo,
Your work is AWESOME!
I think your criss cross card is the best one I have ever seen.
LOVE the very soft colours and shabby chic style. Your colouring is tremendous and your decorations perfect!
Hugs, Candy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Patti Jo!
Gorgeous card and truffle box. Love the papers and the mirror cardstock.
The heart insert is beautiful. The key looks super with that sentiment. Hmmm...might have to consider getting thst key. it looks so real.
Awesome job all round.
Hugs Maz

Handcrafted by Helen said...

Patti Jo your work is always fabulous but this one is quite exquisite, every aspect of it goes so well together an the very clever with all it's parts.

LINDA W. said...

Gorgeous card as always love your coloring and flowers. I haven't made a crisscross card and yours is gorgeous.
hugs Linda

EnblogSail said...

Super elegant and creative!
Caryl

Crafts2do4fun said...

BEAUTIFUL, love the colors too.
You do amazing work.

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Patti Jo!!! I love those flowers and your details and design are simply exquisite!! It was a true pleasure meeting you at CHA, my friend! And I so appreciate all your hard work in putting that flower making class together! The cards are way beyond beautiful! Thank you for everything!!!
hugs, Sharon

Unknown said...

Wow spectacular creation!!!!! This is really stunning work!!!!!Wow i love it!!!!!

Linda Palmer said...

Everything about this card is gorgeous. I love the colors, design and your beautiful coloring.

Elle said...

I LOVE your card and trinket box! They are SO pretty.

cathylynn said...

Beautiful all over!!! love the colors!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Karen said...

Wow, so gorgeous!!!! Everything about your card is fabulous!!

Karen

Norma said...

Oh WOW, WOW and another WOW. And a YUM YUM for those Lindt truffles--they just melt in your mouth, don't they. Seriously, Patti Jo, this is mind blowing. I just love your design of the entire project. And the colour scheme is gorgeous--so pleasing to the eyes. DP's to die for--elegant designs. Fab colouring of those adorable minis. Your flowers and their arrangement is always a work of art. I heard that you were doing some floral tutorial during the CHA. Oh, I wish I could have been there...sigh.
Hugs,
Norma

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous creations Patty Jo :-) I LOVE the whole design and soft colors ,, sooo beautiful !! I am sure the choccy truffles are yummy too ! :-)

It was sooo nice to meet you :-) I really enjoyed our day together and my only regret is that we didn't manage another get together with Sharon too ,,, maybe next time :-) xx

luv
Lorraine xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the gold and white combo of this set Patti Jo. How pretty and elegant of this and the card fold is awesome!!! Love the shabby look on Tilda images. Those flowers are gorgeous :o)
I was not able to get the skin tone distress ink, so I can't try the distressing coloring yet, but guess who is going to do some online shopping this weekend? lol
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning!! And holy smokes your flowers are amazing! Thank you for taking the time to teach us one of your flower classes, Patti Jo! I am in awe of your talent!!
hugs, Sharon

Sandy said...

Someone could get arthritis of the pointer finger trying to leave a comment on your blog!!
sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails