Monday, February 13, 2012

Tilda with Daisy and Cuddly Siblings Cards

I've been working on cards that are kept rather simple.  Have a hard time leaving the backgrounds plain and sometimes use the embossing folders, but this time I wanted some clean lines to add a little design.

This new Sweet Crazy Love collection is so versatile and I'm lovin' all the images!!!  You can find the collection here at Magnolia-licious, and I can bet you, you will love more than one too!!!  As always, Diana has a terrific deal for you too!

Here is what I used on this card:
MINI #225 TILDA WITH DAISY
#17 SNOWFLAKE AND MISTLETOE DOOHICKEY DIES-Snowflake for Leaves
#34 WILD STRAWBERRY AND FLOWERS DOOHICKEY DIES-Small Flower
I've added the design lines with the Scor-Buddy.  A quick and easy way to add that little something to a plain background.  Have used the Spellbinder oval dies and corner punch my dear friend Marion sent me from Australia....sorry there is no name on it!  Pearls were added for accents along with the white gel pen again.
 
Yet another one that is just sooooo cute!!!  Again I didn't want the extras to overpower the darling image!  I think the Dream Tag, which comes with two pieces, sets off the images nicely.

More fantastic items from Magnolia-licious:

Again I used the Scor-Buddy to create the embossed lines on the left side.  So simple yet I think it adds a lot.
Now there has been some discussion as to whose shoes are whose, but I just color them all the same!!!!  It is up to you to decide!!!  :)
The images on both cards are colored with Promarkers and Touch Markers.   I have found these minis to be VERY EASY to color!!!  With any of the brush or fine tip markers, it is a cinch to color and blend.  I usually use three colors with the Promarkers and even with the small areas, there is room for that too!  I am fortunate enough to be able to get together with stamping friends often and rather than haul a bunch of things that I probably won't use, I've started bringing stamped images and my color mediums only.  Nice.......ONE container to haul!!!  Realistically I know I wouldn't get many whole cards done anyway and this way I can relax and enjoy the coloring process yet still get to see what others are working on and visit too!  Then with the CAS card style, it is so easy to cut them out in circles or ovals, do a little layer stacking and pop them on a card.  Well, okay, I usually can't leave it alone and have to add at least a few flowers, but as you can tell, it makes for a fairly easy card to put together.  

I know my blog header needs to be updated to the season, but I'm hoping people look at the red flowers and think Valentine's instead of noticing the holly on the printed paper in the background!!!  :)
That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Enjoy every day!!!
Patti Jo

27 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Gorgeous! I love both cards!

Artes de Nágela said...

Absolutely adorable!

Baukje said...

Hello Patti Jo,
While I absolutely LOVE all your cards with bigger flower layouts, these too simpler ones are just as amazing.
hugs............Baukje

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely fabulous cards Patti Jo! Your flowers are gorgeous on each card. Love, love, love the CAS one!
Hugs...Barb <><

Cami said...

These two cards are so adorable, Patti Jo! I love the simplicity so that the focus is on the image, and your gorgeous handmade flowers are always so beautiful! The lines add a nice texture and your coloring of these minis is fab! I know they aren't easy to color!

Hugs, Cami

Only By His Grace said...

Very cute cards Patti Jo.
I love the pure clean lines and no pattern paper. I think it shows off the Magnolia stamps to their best.
I keep forgetting to use my scorPal to emboss.
Now as for the Cuddling Siblings each time I look I change my mind on who's feet are who's. Good idea to color them all the same....no arguments then LOL.
Hugs Maz

Rene said...

These are absolutely stunning!!!!
Rene :D

Paula said...

Very pretty. You've done a great job on keeping it "rather simple"!! Both cards look fantastic!

Regina said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning Patti Jo! I love those flowers!! :))) Beautifully done
Hugs
Regina

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Patti Jo, I just love all the die cut flowers that you make, Delightful cards!
Hugs Julie P

Cathy Lee said...

These are really sweet, Patti Jo. I love your flower embellishments too!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Sharon Caudle said...

oooooo...they don't look simple to me, Patti Jo!!! They look gorgeous and focus on the fabulous images rather than all the embellishments. I love them both!!! Absolutely fabulous, and I must say I completely adore your flowers!!!!
hugs, Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

These two CAS cards are so sweet Patti Jo. Love the delightful layout designs and the pretty embellishments you used on them :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Handcrafted by Helen said...

I love your simpler cards Patti Jo
the colour combinations are lovely, and the frames and simpler floral arrangements are very elegant.
Beautiful!

KarinsArtScrap said...

they look just beautiful pj.

greetings karin

Sylvia said...

Both your cards are adorable Patti Jo. I love the flowers and the colors are beautiful.
xxxSylvia

Karen said...

Both of your cards are very pretty!

Karen

Louise said...

Beautiful!! love both cards
Louise

Anonymous said...

Really pretty and sweet cards! The CAS design really showcases these lovely images beautifully! Have a great day, hugs, Angela

Sharon said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful. x

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Patti Jo - absolutely gorgeous and so elegant. I have said many times, the first rule in art is "keep it simple sugar". Beautifully done!
Sandy

Gina K said...

Both cards are just precious. I love the flowers!

Anonymous said...

oh how LOVELY Patti Jo! Sweet, charming... beautiful designing! Just what a card should be! I'm inspired to use that Magnolia label die! TFS!

Carol T said...

Love your verbal comments. You make me smile as I've gone through that lugging of materials over to friends when we lived in MI. Now I do cards by myself and get more done. While it is fun to be with others that is not always possible so that's why I enjoy all the crafty gals online. Your two cards are elegant looking without all the dolling up.

Kelly said...

Your cards are a contrast to the "normal" Maggie cards and they are gorgeous. The focus is on the image because of your beautiful coloring and then simply placing a few flowers really enhanced them. I love how versatile the Maggies can be when they are done nicely like yours.

Crafts2do4fun said...

Beautiful cards, Love your work.
It was great meeting you at CHA, I had a wonderful time there.

Momo said...

Hi Patti!
beautiful cute card you made. They are so pretty.

Please, can you tell me the name of the corner punch that you used for your first card in this post and where can I buy it? This corner-punch I am looking for a long time, but could not find, unfortunately. I would appreciate your help very much.

My e-mail-address = Summerwind@email.de

Thank you for help!
Hugs
Moni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails