Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Diana!!!

Well, I take the cake!!!  I mean, I serve the cake!  The no calorie version and supposed to represent a key lime cake if there is such a thing!!!  There are a few goodies hidden in the cake!  Okay Diana, now you can open the box!!!  :)

If you have come from that sweetie and fun Ruby's blog, you are partying along the right direction for awesome Diana's Birthday Celebration Hop!  What a great way to honor a terrific gal!!!  If you have stopped by on your own, please head over to Magnolia-licious Highlites to start the party at the beginning!!!  You won't want to miss any party items!!!
This cake was from a pattern from Papercrafts magazine.  You can find it here (scroll down)
I've used more of that lovely SEI wedding paper along with Stardreams text and card stock.
Between the cake slice and the card, I've used some of my favorite things from Magnolia-licious, Diana's wonderful online store!

#340 FAIRYDUST TILDA
#22 VINTAGE FLOWERS AND LEAVES DOOHICKEY DIES
#29 SWIRL BUTTERFLY DOOHICKEY DIE

The flowers were made out of two layers of the Vintage Flowers DooHickey dies, shaped and the centers were chalked.  There is a heart cut out underneath that I used as a base to adhere the flowers.   Also used a Nellie Snellen corner, a Cuttlebug corner and a Spellbinder tag die plus the MS drippy goo punch.  I've added half pearls and also Viva Decor pearl pen in the centers of the flowers.  Stamped the Inkadinkado Happy Birthday and inside Stampin' Up! verse in Vintage Sienna Versafine.
This Tilda is so sweet blowing fairy dust birthday wishes to the Birthday Gal!!!  She is colored with alcohol markers and then a little Stardust pen to make that fairy dust shimmer.

Also made a presentation box with a peek-a-boo window using my wonderful Scor-Pal, but forgot to take a picture!!!

Enjoy the rest of the party and see what treat the talented Maureen has brought to the party!

Wishing Diana a SPECTACULAR Birthday!!!!   No one is more deserving of having the best possible birthday and coming year!!!  PARTY ON!!!!

Enjoy today and every day!!!
Patti Jo

38 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful card! So fresh, I love it!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Patti Jo!
Awesome card and cake. I love all those lovely flowers. The cake looks so yummy I could take a big bite of it. Tilda looks gorgeous. I love the inside of the card just as much.
super job Patti Jo. diana will love it.
Hugs Maz

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cake, I love the tiny flowers srinkled all over, very pretty.And the matching card, just stunning.

Luv CHRISSYxx

marion said...

woww stunning breathtaking, so beautifull ! Hugs, Marion

Cheryl said...

Patti, Your cake has added such an elegant touch to the party and looks too good to eat anyway! Your work, as always, is just beautiful!

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful work hun! I love the fresh colour scheme xxx

Brigitte said...

I love the soft colors!!! Your projects are so elegant!!!
Brigitte

Shime said...

Very elegant card and cake-box! Very neat and beautiful.

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

I'm so refreshed with your ivory box and card. It's breathtaking and I'm sure Diane will love it.

Angie said...

This is absolutely beautiful Patti Jo! So sweet, so formal, and so perfect. Love every detail :-)

Angie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cake and card pj.
beautiful colors you have chosen.

greetings karin

Sharon Caudle said...

Are you kidding me???? Patti Jo!!!! This set is EXQUISITE!!!! OMG!!! You have created a beautiful set here, and Diana is going to go bonkers over it!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! I'm speechless!!! GORGEOUS!!!!
hugs, Sharon

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow very pretty, those vintage flowers are awesome too!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Really gorgeous designs and I love the popped out flowers and elegant designs here!! :)

Card Crazy said...

Patti Jo, this is so unfair! Key lime? By far my fave (except for tira misu which you can whip up for my birthday). This is so lovely, the colors really look like the cake/pie. This is most elegant and lovely.
Sue S.

Corinne said...

Beautifully done! So crisp and fresh looking. Tilda is colored beautifully.
Hugs~
Corinne

Maureen said...

Oh Patti Jo! What a beautiful card and incredible cake!!! It looks so real you are making me hungry!

I love the delicate touch you have; such wonderful work that anyone would absolutely treasure! I know Diana will for sure! Wowzers!

Artes de Nágela said...

Very beautiful and elegant!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my word Patti Jo! This project is spectacular!!!! I love the idea of the cake and the flowers and everything looks so fresh and MAGICAL!!! Your ideas are always so fresh and magical anyway. Stardust Tilda is so beautifully colored with the glitter and the green. A breath-taking card. Hmmmmm, I wonder what is in the box???
Hugs,
Barb

Ellen said...

This cake is really, really so lovely! It's so beautiful with these flowers. And Tilda is looking great too!

groetjes, Ellen

Chris said...

Patti Jo, I just love the richness of your projects. The white is so perfect for Diana. It matches her giving spirit. I just love the card inside and out. The card front is amazing. Your cake is wonderful! I love making those little cake boxes. Yours looks wonderful!

XO,
Chris Christenen

auntie lisa said...

Lovely cake and card! It is so fresh and pretty! Diana is so lucky to share friendship with all of you talented ladies! I have enjoyed my little travels to all of the blogs today to wish Diana a Happy Birthday!
Lisa

liz_y_jose said...

These projects are just beautiful!!! TFS!

Jean said...

Dearest Patti Jo, this projest is almost to exquisite for words.. the beauty is just too much for my mind to bring out the words that I have for you.. All the love I feel coming from this stunning card and cake is so overwhelming.. Your creative nature has really shown through and Ms Diana is simply going to be in awe of this project as I am..
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

Awe, just beautiful!

Nicola said...

Stunning work, I love them both! The colours are so beautiful and I love the design of the card.
Love Nicola xxx

Pink Stamper Girl said...

Wow this is all breathtakingly beautiful! This is so well done and cool idea, the card with the flowers like that and then the cake oh my, I just can't say anymore about it, other than amazing talent!
Hugs and Happiness,
Briana

Anonymous said...

So Pretty and Elegant, Just Gorgeous
Hugs Julie P

miatagal said...

Patty Jo,

You are so talented and creative! Colours are so beautiful and you do take the cake and give it too! Gorgeous!!

LINDA W. said...

I always love your gorgeous hand
made flowers...love your slice of
gorgeous cake and beautiful card.
hugs Linda

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty set Patti Jo. Not only the lovely color, but also the elegancy of them. They look perfect on this birthday hop!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Louise said...

Beautiful card, so soft and classy
Louise

Elly said...

Wow...this is such a GORGEOUS card!!!

hugs, Elly

Deeanna said...

Very nice soft colors. You did a great job :}

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Wonderful project, love how you created the cake, looks eatable, great work!!
Love Jenni xx

Unknown said...

Patti Jo, your work is beautiful! Have enjoyed it and really really yummy! Happy birthday Diana!

Teresa said...

Oh wow! Absolutely stunning card. Teresa xx

Julie said...

Wow what a lot of patience you must have, the results look beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails