Sunday, November 25, 2012

Edwin Makes Me Smile and Holly card

Been a little side-tracked from card making lately, but managed to get back into some card making.  Loved this image of Edwin and added some snowflakes in the background.  I think this Edwin can be used for not only holiday, but any winter occasion card.

117 SKI EDWIN WITH SNOWFLAKES
432 JINGLE JANGLE SNOWFLAKES
I used the regular Smile stamp, but the mini is available.
MINI VERSION 704 YOU MAKE ME SMILE

Colored with Promarkers and used a snowflake punch and border punch for accents along with some half pearls and fancy yarn for the tie.

I loved the holly stamp that also came in the A Christmas Story collection and wanted to make a fairly simple and quick card that would be easy for mailing.
413 HOLLY SWIRL

Also used an old season's greetings stamp along with a Cuttlebug holly embossing folder and a MS border punch.  I've colored with the Promarkers.

You will find a terrific selection of Magnolia products for all Maggie lovers at fantastic prices at Magnolia-licious.  There are also lots of wonderful dies and other fun products too!  Dies seem to be one of my latest addictions lately and there are so many new styles available.  You can check them out HERE!  (Click on the name brand in the left column.)

Besides offering such a great selection at Magnolia-licious, Diana and her team offer quick and awesome service.  Don't forget to check out the card gallery for inspiration.

Watch for the upcoming Blog Hop on the 29th of November and we hope you will join us!

Stay tuned.....another project coming tomorrow!!!
Enjoy every day!!!

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Patti Jo, I love the embossing, very effective
Hugs Julie P

Only By His Grace said...

Oh! very cute Edwin. I think he needs a few lessons on those ski's.
lovely design. I love the way you colored his jersey and pants.
I also love the second card. I love that Holly stamps too and have just been using it. it makes a fabulous border. I love the embossed background and noticed you have a lacy border down the sides of the holly. Lovely. Mine's coming.
Hugs maz

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Patti Jo! Edwin is so stinkin' cute!!! Love how you've displayed him and the sentiment is perfect!! And your holly card is stunning! Love them both!
hugs, Sharon

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards PJ.
My favorite is the secons one.

greetings karin

cathylynn said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Regina said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I love the colors! Stunning design and details!
Have a marvellous Sunday!
Hugs
Regina

Suzi Mac said...

Edwin is so adorable, we just don't see enough of him!! I love your sweet card with all the fab snowflakes and colour combo.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rene said...

I looooove this! I love how simple and yet how utterly stunning it is! Amazing!
Rene ;D

Peggie said...

Both are great but the holy one really captured my eye as I have that stamp and haven't used it yet. This really gives me some ideas.

Cathy Lee said...

Gorgeous cards, Patti Jo. Edwin looks fabulous. I love the Holly swirl card, gorgeous embossing and coloring.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Candy said...

Both cards are wonderful!
Edwin is perfect.
Your Holly card is really pretty!
Thanks for sharing, Patti Jo.
Hugs,Candy

Christy Designs said...

Both of your card so beautiful !

Jean said...

Both card are so adorable Patti Jo, Adore the Edwin card is so precious and you did a great job of him in the snow and the Holly Swirl is so precious. Love your embossing and your MS border punch. A beautiful card. Love them both.
Hugs, Jean

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Edwin is so cute, a really fun card. Love the design.
Blessings Doreen

cabio's craft corner said...

The Edwin winter card is so darling Patti Jo and love the CAS white embossing on your 2nd card. What a lovely idea using the colored Holly Swirl as the contrast. Well done!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

Both cards are wonderful Patti Jo. They are so different. One, Edwin, is so whimsical while the red and white one is so formal. I love each. Edwin wins my heart every time. It's so nice to see him getting some air time! That stamp is just so cute! You did a great job with the card. I love the blue!

XO,
Chris Christensen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails