Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Out of the Box Water Color


I water colored with Tombows and water brush.  Image is Stampendous, words by Stampin' Up!, Tag die Spellbinders, Embossing Folder Cuttlebug and Fiskars paper trimmer.

Fun technique is to have part of the image going past the original shape.  I did this one with the Fiskars paper trimmer by cutting a straight line up to the image, lift the blade up and move past the image, drop the blade back down and continue cutting straight.  Then hand cut the extended part of the image.  

The black is glossy card stock.  I really like the black glossy card stock to go with the black embossed image, but it is hard to photograph..too much glare.  Even tried a piece of tissue paper over the flash.  Anyone have any ideas to avoid the glare, please let me know!

Still thinking flowers and I should be working on more Christmas!!!

4 comments:

PeeJay said...

Beautiful card and love the watercolouring. So wish I could do it!
I don't think you can avoid glare if you use flash. I photograph in natural light and never use flash so don't usually have to worry about glare but .. if sun is too bright it can make photographing glossy/shiny card difficult.

Only By His Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love this one. The colours are amazing.
I love how you have colourd your leaves with that touch of red.
The flower is so beautiful. One of your finest.
I usually photograph my cards inside in good light without a flash. I think you have photographed this one perfectly. It is nice to see a little shine how yours is as it shows up what cardstock you have used and the embossed stamping. Love it.
Hugs Marion

Anonymous said...

wow! your cards are amazing! WOW! I love them all! I love punches and do some, but now I am totally inspired! thanks so much...I wanted to email you but your link doesn't work on your blog...
if you would email me from my blog...I'd like to chat with you! thanks!
Pam Going Postal

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Beautiful watercoloring & I love the cut work! Just Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails