Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cardinals in the Birch Trees


This card was inspired by some of Michelle Zindorf's work, but I use sponges rather than the brayer.  Had 4 birch tree stamps already, but when I saw this with the birds, it was another must have stamp!

Stamp with ColorBox black ink and emboss with clear EP.  Ink the trees with the Versamarker and emboss with clear EP.  Color cardinals with red marker and heat set.  Ink cardinals with Versamarker and emboss with clear EP.  Mask with torn Post-it Notes and sponge snow with Distress Ink.  Punch out circle for mask and sponge around the circle and the rest of the sky.

Don't know if Colored Embossing Markers are even available any more, but that would have been ideal for coloring the cardinals instead of the way I did it.  

Stamp by Northwoods, Faded Jeans Distress Ink, Black Color Box Ink,  Versamarker, Clear Embossing Powder, Red Tombow Marker, large circle punch, Post-it Notes for the masking and sponges.

6 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

Wow! What can I say? Jaw dropping gorgeous, fantabulous, amazing.
There is such a stillness in this picture. I love the Cardinals and the frame in the same colour.
your sponging work is wonderful. I love how you have left the tree white. well done my friend.
Hugs Marion

Candace said...

Oh my, this is so gorgeous! It's awesome. You can send it to me I'll treasure it always, LOL! Seriously, this is just so beautiful and peaceful.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Patti.Jo
Your sponging is amazing...I just love it.

Karen x

Chris said...

Beautiful card Patti-Jo and such a wonderful image! I love your sponging in the brayer style, it's such an elegant winter card. Chris :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful Patti!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails