Friday, June 15, 2012

Hobbie the Bear times FOUR

Hobbie the Bear times FOUR!!!  After that last little project with him, my mind started thinking about the patchwork stuffed bears I use to make and thought how fun would he be in printed paper!!!  So you can see, I had to try a variety!!!
So it was easy to make Hobbie a cute little girl bear by adding some flowers, hearts and some lace!
#407 HOBBIE THE BEAR
#20 ROMANTIC LACE BORDER DOOHICKEY DIE
#34 WILD STRAWBERRY AND FLOWERS DOOHICKEY DIES - Little Flower
#17 SNOWFLAKE AND MISTLETOE DOOHICKEY DIES - Leaves
Isn't Hobbie the cutest peeking through the window?!!!  I used the Memory Box window die with the mini scallop die in 3 layers for the "curtain" and the wainscoting was made by making score lines with the Scor-Pal and then adding little strips of paper to the bottom and top.  The clouds I hand cut because I didn't have the new #55 ROUND TALK/THOUGHT BUBBLE DOOHICKEY DIES, but those would have worked perfectly for this.  Love when something can be used for more than one purpose.  Yup, it's now on my order!!!
#407 HOBBIE THE BEAR
#19 MINI ZIG ZAG AND SCALLOP DOOHICKEY DIES
#816 SMALL MADISON WINDOW POPPYSTAMP DIE
Now this Hobbie I added some water color shading with distress inks to give him some dimension.  The Magnolia Papers can handle a little water coloring on them, or you could use chalk too!
#407 HOBBIE THE BEAR
Then I had to make something fun and easy by using checks and stars!  This one I also did a little water color shading with distress inks.
#407 HOBBIE THE BEAR

These were kind of like potato chips....one isn't going to do it!!!!  :)

I've heard from a few people that they think Hobbie looks like a dog too, so we certainly can use that to our advantage because he is soooo cute whatever animal he/she is!!!!

Please find all your Magnolia products HERE at Magnolia-licious!  Diana has a fantastic selection of Magnolia and other terrific goodies.  Who doesn't love a good deal and working with good people!!!  I'm a shopper and Diana does have the best deals around with her discounts and store credit program.  I'm also lovin' the other brands of dies she has added to the Magnolia DooHickey dies AND just discovered she has added some new DooHickey dies too!!!  More for my order!!!!  :)

Keep an eye out for the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog Hop on Monday, June 18th.  The team has been working on some wonderful projects for our theme.  Hmmmm, wonder if I should use Hobbie???  Please check back and see!!!!  :)

As always thanks for stopping by and for the wonderful comments!
Enjoy every day!!!
Patti Jo




18 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

What a cute bears :) I love them :)

Barb Hardeman said...

DEEEEEE-lightful and so very creative and fun! Love the tiles on the roof, and the checks and stars, WOW! Fabulous job on these!!! Blessings and hugs, Barb <><

Paula said...

Oh goodness, these are just too adorable!!! I couldn't pick a favorite if I even had too. Hobbie is so stinkin' cute...all 4 of him!

Damarys said...

These are wonderful and adorable! They look "easy" to make, but I know a lot of effort went into them. Congratulations!

Karen said...

These are awesome! I love the blue & white checkered one. How creative!!!!

Karen

Cami said...

These are all so "beary-y" cute Patti Jo! I love the patchwork look and each layout is adorable!

Hugs,
Cami

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Patti Jo!
These are adorable. My very favorite one is the brown one but love them all. Very creative. Super layouts on all of them. Clever gal.
Hugs Maz

Suzan L said...

Hi Patti Jo, all of your Hobbie the Bear cards are so adorable!! The pink one is my favorite!! I love how you used the different DP's... they are like Care Bears, each one with a different personality! Sooo Cute!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

paola said...

Adorable!! me thinks this is such a cute idea
smiles
Paola

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooooooooooooooo adorable pj and fabulous and beautiful cards.

greetings karin

Chris said...

What a treat for the eyes! My favorite is the Get Well Soon card. I love each one, though. How very clever of you to use the patterned paper for Hobbie. You did a great job! **I still think Hobbie looks like a manatee** LOL!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Diana Crick said...

Cutie Patootie. Oh gosh Patti Jo they look so adorable. How clever to make the patterned, it adds to the fun. Yes I can see he can sort of look like a dog too. Stunning cards, can't pick a favorite they are all so cute.
hugs, Diana

Kelly said...

How adorable, I love the patterned paper on the bears and they are styled differently, I love them all..Perfect.

Norma said...

Patti Jo, you are just amazing. Brilliant idea. Reminds me of my very first sewing project in my first homec class in high school which was a stuffed frog made with pattern fabric--looked a lot like the red one. Terrific cards. Love the designs on all four.
Hugs,
Norma

Peggie said...

These are all fabulous. Love them all.

Cathy Lee said...

These are darling, Patti Jo. Love this sweet bear and he looks adorable in all those pattern papers.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

cabio's craft corner said...

Awesome job on these cards Patti Jo. How fun to see the way you use this stamp to create fun design on each of these cards :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

cathylynn said...

BRAVO!!! All are magnificient!! Fabulous creations!!! All very very special!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails